"Kliment Std" is a Unicode 6.0 TrueType font especially for Slavic Medievalists.
It can be used by Macintoshes running OS X and by Windows PCs - one file, all platforms.
"Kliment Std" has more than 3.000 characters and supports all the Unicode blocks necessary for Slavists (and medievalists from other philological disciplines).
Special features of the font are:
- Historical forms of Cyrillic letters for writing Old Church Slavonic, Old Russian, Old Bulgarian, Old Serbian etc.
- Automatic transliteration of Glagolitic into Cyrillic
- Full West and East European Latin character set
- Monotonic plus Polytonic Greek
- Matches Times® and Times New Roman® in design -- use them together without problems
- Many additions in the Latin part not available in standard fonts
- Full set of diacritics - combining (for use with any base character) or spacing (for display by themselves)
- Complete set of IPA phonetic characters
- Editorial symbols for marking up texts
- Dingbats, arrows, superscripts, subscripts, numbers, punctuation
- Zodiac signs, card symbols, mathematical symbols
- The perfect companion to the "RomanCyrillic Std" font
- Black-letter companion is Method Std.
Current version is 4.0, posted March 28, 2011.
Following is a short overview of the font's features in tabular form, comparing it to versions of Times® and Times New Roman®.
An overview of the special features of the font is available on a separate page. Kliment Std supports nearly all the same the Unicode blocks as RomanCyrillic Std, so you may have a look at the documentation for that font, too.
Version 2.2 of the font has also been the subject of a paper by the author which is available in pdf form.
Special note: ALL of the special glyphs in Kliment Std which differentiate this font from the basic glyphs in RomanCyrillic Std are also available as OpenType features in RomanCyrillic Std; thus, if you application supports OpenType features, RomanCyrillic Std may be the only font you need. Kliment Std is a font for those occasions where you cannot use OpenType features, where it is more convenient to have the historic glyphs in direct access, for web use etc.
Trademarks and Licensing Terms
All trademarks are the property of their holders and duely acknowledged. They are mentioned here for typesetting recommendations only.
The font is free for academic use by students and scholars. It is not in the public domain.
All rights to the font are reserved by the author. The font may not be mirrored on other sites and may not be included in font archives, CDs, DVDs.
Commercial use of the font is not allowed. A commercial package of the font is available from the author. It also includes an OpenType version and features even more alternate and historic characters. By downloading the font, you agree to the above licensing terms.
Der Font kann im akademischen Bereich frei benutzt werden, er ist jedoch kein Public Domain-Font.
Der Autor behält sich alle Rechte an dem Font vor. Der Font darf nicht auf anderen Servern gespiegelt werden, in Font-Archive aufgenommen oder auf CD oder DVD mit verbreitet werden. Eine kommerzielle Nutzung des Fonts ist nicht gestattet. Eine kommerzielle Lizenz ist vom Autor erhältlich. Es enthält auch eine OpenType-Version der Schrift. Mit dem Herunterladen erkennen Sie die Lizenzbestimmungen für den Font ausdrücklich an.
[I agree to the licensing terms above and want to download the font]